PIPELINE PROFESSIONAL & TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
Pipeline companies must describe all covered tasks, list the knowledge, abilities and skills required of operators to complete those tasks, identify abnormal operating conditions, and develop an evaluation method and qualifications record keeping plan for all staff.
The MCC Pipelines Group OQ Courses Library consists of over 270 online fundamental courses and evaluations. After learning online the fundamentals of the DOT, classroom training, written and performance evaluations provided by experts, the participants will be qualified complying with the DOT regulations.
The procedure for determining a Covered Tasks is defined by CFR 49 (parts 192 & 195) and is based on four questions. The answer to each questions must be YES in order for a task to be considered a Covered Task. The “four part test” questions are as follows:
- Is the Activity Performed on a Pipeline Facility?
- Is the Activity an Operations or Maintenance Task?
- Is the Activity Required by 49 CFR Parts 192 or 195?
- Will the Activity Affect the Operation or Integrity of the Pipeline?
- Knowledge Verified: Successful completion of the written assessment
- Performance Verified: Successful completion of a practical performance test for a specific skill or craft
- Certified Plus: Successful completion of both the written knowledge assessment and the corresponding performance verification
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS:
- OQ QUALIFICATION
- PIPELINE INSPECTOR TRAINING PROGRAM
- PROCTOR CERTIFICATION
- MASTER TRAINING CERTIFICATION
- EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Compressor, Mobile Crane, …….)
ADDITIONAL COURSES for ENGINEERS:
Short courses by Internationally Recognized Industry Experts
MCC Pipelines Group Operator Qualification (OQ) Program consists of the following 18 Skill Families.
- Abnormal Operating Conditions (AOCs)
- Compressors and Pumps
- Control Operations
- Damage Prevention/Excavation
- Leak Investigation
- Measurement Pressure/Flow
- Pipeline Inspection
- Pipeline Installation
- Pipeline Repair
- Pipeline System Maintenance
- Pressure Testing
- Purge & Abandonment
- Regulating and Relief Devices
- Tapping & Stopping
- OQ Plans & Regulatory Documentation (Strategy, Documentation, Audit Preparation,…)
- Industry Expertise
- On-site Services
Our participants include
- Oil & Gas Pipelines Operators
- Technical Institutes
- Non- Technical personnel
- Supervisors and leadership teams
- Executive Leadership Teams
We help to build a safe, and sustainable workforce of professionals.
Industry Advisory Council Members
- Alliance Pipeline Ltd.
- Arcus Solutions Inc
- Duke Energy Gas Transmission
- GE Power Systems Oil and Gas PII (Canada) Ltd.
- IPSCO Inc.
- National Energy Board
- TransCanada Pipelines Limited
- Spectra Energy